Buying flooring online is a bit different from buying it locally. Here are some things that can ensure you have the best possible experience!
1) The first step in purchasing flooring online is to order a sample. We offer sample packs that include a sample of the 5 flooring options offered on this site. They are sent in a FedEx Express mailer, and take only 2-3 business days to arrive. Once you have a sample in hand, you will have a better understanding of the color palette and variation you see in the image online.
2) Flooring is very heavy, so typically anything less than 100 lbs will ship via FedEx or UPS and will not require a signature for delivery, but most shipments will ship with an "LTL" carrier. The weight of a typical shipment is 1000 lbs!
3) Because of the weight of the flooring, it will arrive on a 4'x4' pallet (in most cases), however each carton can be offloaded one by one from the pallet. This is important because the carrier is NOT allowed into the customers home (or garage).
4) Be prepared to assist the driver during the offloading process! In most cases (depending on the delivery area) a "lift-gate" delivery is available this allows the carrier to lower the pallet straight down to the ground, but if a lift gate is not available, it is necessary to off load each carton by hand!
5) Curbside deliveries mean that a 45' long truck will need to be able to visit your location. It also means that any low hanging wires, or long gravel driveways, or any situation that prevents delivery to the curbside (as determined by the carrier) means that the carrier might want to meet you at the nearest location that they can make it too! This is rare, but if it sounds like your area, then be sure to let us know so that we can talk about how to work around that!
6) Is anything missing or damaged? Don't worry, just make sure to input a note on the delivery receipt! If you aren't sure, just put down notes detailing what looks like it might be missing or damaged. Then call us! If you have noted any damaged areas or any missing items, we can file a claim on your behalf with the carrier!
7) When you sign for a delivery remember that you are signing off for the condition that it arrives in, and saying that it is undamaged unless noted!! If you have any concerns just write down the notes about your concerns, and then give us a call, we can determine the best way to move forward either by working around small damages or arranging for replacements!